FASTEST ROUTE BY CAR from LONDON to HAY-ON-WYE : satnav postcode : HR3 5BQ
Look this route up on a map before you set out - or check your satnav is taking you this way!
- From London M4 to Newport Junction 24.
- From The M4 Junction 24 at Newport, take the A449 North (right) and then turn left onto the A40 to Abergavenny via Raglan.
- Continue on round Abergavenny on the A465 (Heads of the Valley dual-carriageway) and on to the first roundabout (third exit) where you head for Gilwern / Crickhowell, and then turn right and sharp left in Gilwern and on into Crickhowell on the A4077 (turning right at the lights to cross the Usk as you enter Crickhowell - stunningly beautiful bridge).
- At the T junction in Crickhowell you turn left towards Brecon - there is a garage opposite you with the cheapest petrol in our area - fill up. You are now back on the A40 heading towards Brecon.
- Take the first right onto the A479 to Tretower and Talgarth
- Take the second turning across the Talgarth Roundabout Talgarth
- Take the second right (opposite the fish & chip shop) onto the A4078 to Hay-on-Wye (or Three Cocks).
- At the T junction at Three Cocks, take a right on the A438 to Glasbury
- Go straight on (ie don't take a left over the river bridge in Glasbury) but go on into the B4350 which will take you into Hay!
With a stop at a Motorway café for coffee - this route will take you 3 to 3.5 hours from London. (Worth every minute .....!)
If you have any questions on how best to get here, or your dealings with our website, please Contact us here!
Hideaways In Hay™, Brookfield Coach House, Brook Street, Hay on Wye, (Via Hereford), Powys, HR3 5BQ, WALES, UK.